A 2021 Birthday

 Birthdays. They are almost always one of the most cherished days for a person in every year, and for me, that was no different. However, I was nervous that this year's birthday would be an exception. Not only was last year's birthday really fun and would be hard to surpass, but my mom's birthday this year ended up a catastrophe. It ended up turning out.... pretty good.
 
 Most of the day went like any other, like most of our birthdays.  It was all just the same old things we'd do on a normal day. However, it was when the clock ticked to 9:00, the magic started to happen. I went downstairs and saw a cake and some assorted presents. We got ourselves changed and sat down, and got our photos taken. Then, it was time for the party.

 The happy birthday celebration went as usual, but after that, it was time for the presents.
 
 First off, there was the birthday card. It wasn't your typical fold-in-half birthday card. Instead it was a cartoon cake, with 5 candles that can be pulled out to reveal messages from each of my family members accompanied with cute cat drawings that certain people may recognize. 

Next, there was a poorly wrapped present that was revealed to be a Potato Mine pen holder. It was pretty ugly, but also somewhat cute in a way.

 Then, there was a cute little cat lamp. My sister hated it because she always saw it online, but when she was trying to secretly interrogate me to find out what I wanted, that was the only thing I said I wanted in particular.

 Later, there was this giant container of these chocolate sauce snacks. I don't really have much to say about them other than that they tasted pretty good.

 Finally, there was this giant fish body pillow, which was hand-made by my mom. it just so happened to have the same exact pattern on it as the one on my sister's dress, so my mom joked that they were one-in-the-same. Anyways, it's pretty comfy to hug.

 After the present giving was over, it was time for the cake. The cake was the usual fruit cake, however, it had some delicious cream cheese icing rather than the regular-old frosting. Then, after all of the festivities were over, it was time for bed.

 Even though this birthday wasn't particularly special or fancy, I still found it a fun birthday. It just goes to show that you don't need any big and fancy festivities, and in the end, all you need is  just to have fun and spend time with those you love, and you'll probably have a good time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Headaches and Outbreaks on a Lunar New Year

Birthday Bash

Our Nightmare Trip to New York