Look Within a Misunderstanding

One sunny day, I went to the park with my mom. My mom went to chat with her friends while she left me to play with the other kids. I went to a nearby tree for some shade because it was scorching today. Then I decided to look around the park to enjoy the scenic view.

So, I looked around the park and I saw some squirrels jumping near the forest area, kids playing on the slides and swings and a family out for a stroll. There were also two kids arguing over some apple juice. The girl seemed to be 7 or 8 and the boy, Chris (which is my friend) was 6.The girl was saying that the drink was hers and he stole her drink while Chris said the drink was his and they just happened to have the same brand. Eventually the girl just snatched away the apple juice and drunk the the box before both of them ran off to play.

Then, I saw the what was most likely the girl's mom, considering the visual similarities, looking through her own bag for some wipes to wipe the juice off her daughters face. However,she pulled out a carton of apple juice and with a confused face, realized that her daughter had somehow gotten more apple juice.

Next, the girl and what was probably her younger sister were playing tag when I saw her younger sister tripped on a pebble. Poom! Then she fell down and started crying. Coincidentally, Chris zoomed past the younger sister just as she fell.The girl then blamed the younger sister falling on Chris. Soon, people heard her crying and went to the scene.

The sister said that Chris had pushed "Sarah" which I assumed to be her little sister and insisted that Chris pushing her was the reason she fell. Everybody else, including my mom believed her, and I decided I should step in with the truth.

I walked up to the scene and told people the truth. At first people still believed the girl, but the little girl, who had stopped crying corrected her older sister and told everyone that she, in fact did trip on a pebble.

When I went back to my spot under the tree, I overheard the girl and her mom talking. The mom asked where the girl got the apple juice from,and the girl responded that Chris stole it. The mom then told her that the apple juice was in the bag and told her that she had to apologize to Chris. Her mom then told her that she shouldn't make assumptions without enough evidence and that she should learn not to do that again. The girl then walked up to Chris and said sorry.

On that day I learned a lesson,"Don't make assumptions without enough evidence."

Gidon Wong

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Headaches and Outbreaks on a Lunar New Year

Birthday Bash

Our Nightmare Trip to New York