Last Day of School

  Today, Wednesday, May 26th, 2021 was the last day of Elementary School for me and all of the other 5th graders in my school. So, how did the day go? Well, I started off by waking up, eating breakfast, getting dressed, you know, just a normal morning routine. Then after I was dropped off at school, my last day of Elementary School had officially started. Firstly we watched the morning announcements. There wasn't anything special broadcasted, just your typical school news broadcast with some comments about the end of the school year. 

 Then, after the broadcast, we used the time normally used for EARTH, (-which is basically just extra classtime where gifted and non-gifted students are sorted into classrooms and learn some more stuff.) to play board games that my classmates brought to school. I played this fun game called Avocado Smash where you give each player an equal number of cards. Then, each player takes turns placing them down. You count out the number of cards you have placed saying 1 Avocado, 2 Avocado, 3 Avocado, and so on. After 15 cards, the card number restarts to 1. If the number on the card matches the number of cards placed down,  or two cards of the same number are placed down back to back, then you need to put your hand on the cards as quick as possible. The last one to place their hand on the card has to grab all of the cards and put them in their pile. There are two special cards as well, the SMASH! card and the GUACAMOLE! card. For the SMASH! card, you just do the same thing as if there were two matching cards in a row, or if the number of cards placed down matched the card number. For the GUACAMOLE! card, however, you need to say guacamole as fast as you can. Last person to say guacamole has to take the cards. The first person to get rid of all of their cards wins, and if you place your hand on a pile of cards when you are not supposed to you have to take all of the cards in that pile.

 After the board games, we went to specials which was uneventful.  We weren't doing any particular activity, and for the most part I just stayed in the shade and looked at the other 5th graders playing, since I wasn't really interested in any of the activities.

Then, we grabbed some skittles and chips as a snack, and started to watch this movie called Rio. It was entertaining, but didn't have anything blog-worthy in it, so we're moving on to lunch. Now this was my first time ordering at the school, and I was quite nervous. However, it was pretty simple, just grab some stuff from the lunch line and check it out. I also had some snacks from home that my mom packed that I could eat as well. However, I made the mistake of not grabbing the milk or juice from the lines, because I already had water, and didn't want to feel guilty, especially since it was free because of the Covid-19 virus. I ended up running out of water in my water bottle, which will become inconvenient later. Anyways, the food was fine, nothing to write home about.

Then recess came. It was overall just fine, though I felt a bit squeamish about touching the railings and the like because of Covid-19. I was also very out of practice with the climbing rails, so I stayed away from them because I didn't want to fall down and hurt myself. There was also several times when I though we were returning to the classroom, but we weren't, so that was somewhat annoying. Then we were sent back to the classroom, in preparation for the 5th grade clapout, where students and teachers alike would cheer on the 5th graders as they were preparing to leave middle school. I had participated in it before, and had even clapped out my own sister way back in Kindergarten, but this time, I was the one walking throughout the halls of my school and being cheered on by tons of little faces. However, it was quite hot out there, and while we were getting started my head was roasting in the sunlight. However, things weren't nearly as bad for me and the 5th graders as they were for some of the other grades. An although some classes were lucky enough to sit in the shade, others had to stand out in the sun being roasted like an egg and forced to clap like crazy which from experience I know, hurts your hands.  I was also quite tuckered out from having to run to catch up with the line, which thanks to my disgustingly low stamina, tuckered me out very quickly. 

 After the very heated clapout, me and my class needed to drink quite a lot of water. And while the other kids just drank from their water bottles, my bottle was empty, and so I really needed to quench my thirst. Luckily, there was a water fountain nearby, and so I just drank from that. Then, we were dismissed, and I went home and showered.  I was also going to take some pictures with my class, but I ended up forgetting, as nobody else pulled their phone out to remind me to do the same and take some photos, and I had just plain forgot that I needed to take picture with it on my way out. Oopsies! 

 So, what did I think of elementary school? Overall, in the 5-6 years I've spent at my school, I would say it was fine, though I don't have much to say about my time here. The teachers were fairly good, there were quite a few fun activities to spruce up the class time, and I learned some stuff. I made some good memories at the school, too. 

 Now, what do I think about moving forward to middle school? Well I'm nervous. Nervousabout quite a lot of things. I'm nervous about getting lost in the school campus, since there are tons of different classes I have shuffle around to and fro from, instead of just two, an I'll have to get there quickly, or else I'll be tardy. I'm also nervous about taking the bus, because I've never taken it before and have always just rode my mother's bike or rode in my father's car, and I'm nervous about all of the interaction I will face when surrounded with a bunch of people from my soon-to-be school. I'm scared of going to P.E., because I am not an athletic person at all, and like I said before, I have disgustingly low stamina. And I am also scared of the homework, since my sister and brother have complained a lot about homework in high school, and even if this is only middle school, there will still be way more homework than what I'm used to. A lot more homework was introduced in this school year all at once, and it took a long time for me to get used to, so I have no ideas how I'll deal with the workload coming in middle school and high school.

 Last thing, I'm also scared about leaving the comfort of elementary school and entering tougher and rougher waters. Elementary School was fairly easy, and I'm not sure if I'll adapt to the rougher waters of middle and high school, or just flop, and wash away. Anyways, I don't have a good finishing sentence, so bye, and I'll see you whenever I upload another blog. Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Headaches and Outbreaks on a Lunar New Year

Our Nightmare Trip to New York

Birthday Bash