My Time at the Dentists

 Humans don't tend to agree on a lot of things. One look on any social media platform and that becomes abundantly clear. One thing most of us can agree on though, is that no-one looks forward to the dentist. It's basically children's surgery. A bunch of people strap you to a chair, then poke around a crevice in your body with a bunch of metal tools, while you can do nothing but listen.

 Despite that comparison, I think we're irrationally scared of them. These people are licensed professionals, and if they mess up it could ruin their livelihoods, so I doubt they'd mess up so badly as to permanently injure your mouth or something. And it doesn't even hurt that bad because of the anesthetics. I mean, they even have licenses for a radiation machine, which is definitely only for the x-ray machines and not anything else.

 So, I've been to the dentist's twice in the past month or so, once for a simple checkup and cleaning, and the other to get a filling. Now, the actual building we went to for the dentist's was pretty plain, but there was one weird thing about it, and it was the multiple TVs placed between the dentist chairs. When I went there it didn't feel weird, but when I started writing this blog I wondered: WHO are the TVs for!? The patients can't look at them because the lights are too bright, and the dentists can't look at them because they need to focus on the patient instead. It just feels like a waste of money.

 Anyways, throughout both dentist trips I kept my eyes closed, perfectly still, just listening to what the dentists are telling me and responding to their attempts at small-talk. Throughout the check-up, nothing too scary happened, though the stuff they sprayed on my teeth tasted pretty nasty. In the filling, however, they were actually sawing at my teeth. I didn't feel anything from the anesthetics they gave me, but it was terrifying hearing them saw and pick at my teeth like some renaissance age sculptors. My body was like: "It doesn't even hurt. You'll be fine.", but my brain was like: " AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" 

  Now, the anesthetics. Like most people know, you're not supposed to eat food after receiving them, because you can't feel you tongue and you could bite it off. Now, my parents bought some food after the dentist's trip because it was around the time we'd usually have lunch and there were restaurants right there, but I decided to wait a few hours until the anesthetics wore off. After two hours though, it still hadn't worn off, and I had gotten really hungry. So, I just decided to bite the bullet and just be extra careful while chewing. What people don't tell you is that anesthetics actually numb your taste buds, so I couldn't taste anything on the right side of my mouth, so I used my left only while chewing. Anyways, see you next blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Headaches and Outbreaks on a Lunar New Year

Our Nightmare Trip to New York

Song of the Shell - Prologue