I'm Going Back To School (And Why I'm Nervous About That)

So in about a months time, me, along with every other 5th grader, will be going into middle school. And I, feel very nervous about it. Not just because I'm going back to a school full of children that are too young to be vaccinated (such as me), but also because of the new things I'll have to adjust to.

 I'll start with trying to adjust to the new things in middle school. Now, I'll try to make this short, since I've already talked about this in my last blog, but i'm nervous for a lot of things that will arrive and change from the transition from Elementary to Middle school. Firstly, I'm nervous that I'd get lost in my new middle school. I've gotten lost in my Elementary school before when a new school year started and didn't know where my class was, so a whole new school with many, many classes sounds WAY more easy to get lost in. It would also contribute to me getting late way more often, since a big vast school that I could get lost in where I would have to travel between classes on a number of occasions sounds very easy to get lost in. 

 I'm also worried about P.E. I'm notoriously bad at physical activity, and I have disastrous stamina which means I can't run for absolute CRAP. Middle School and High School sound way more strict on physical exercise, and I think I'll probably fail in that department.  It doesn't help that I haven't practiced with the new P.E. lock my teachers gave me at all since the end of the school year...

 Speaking of failing my classes, I'm nervous about the difficulty spike that comes with the introduction of middle school and then high school. I like to think of myself as above average in intelligence, but I'm nervous for the harder and more memory intense test and quizzes that come with Middle and High school, and the larger amounts of homework. I've heard stories from my older siblings about how hard high school is for them, and I'm nervous that difficulty will also apply for high school. Also, I'm a procrastinator, so I'm nervous that I'll delay my homework to the point where I won't be able to get it done in time, or at least cause myself tons of stress.

Alright, finally, my most serious concern is Covid-19. Now, unlike the rest of my family, I'm not vaccinated. Now, it's not because I'm one of those stupid antivaxxers who think their essential oils will be enough to keep their children safe from measles and polio, I'm just not old enough to do so. And soon, I'll have to go into a school full of other unvaccinated kids, in person, with mask restriction relaxed for those with the vaccine. Now, this sounds like a bad idea. I know the pandemic is slowly winding down and the Covid-19 virus, but we don't need another surge of Covid-19 now and I think we should still be wearing masks and stuff so that we can make sure that Covid-19 won't have another surge, but I guess some people really need to go the hair salon so whatever... Regardless, I'm really nervous that I'll contract Covid-19 while at school. This time there is no alternative option where you don't have to go face to face, so I'll have to be up and personal with tons of other unvaccinated kids and tons more maskless people. It doesn't help that I lift my mask up a lot in order to scratch my face, which provides a good opportunity for Covid-19 to sneak in. I just hope I can get the vaccine before I get contaminated from another person because Covid-19 sounds really unpleasant and is fairly deadly, and I don't want to go through that.

 Anyways, I hope I don't contract Coid-19 and die, I completely failed at making the first few segments short, and I'll see you on my next blog! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Headaches and Outbreaks on a Lunar New Year

Our Nightmare Trip to New York

Song of the Shell - Prologue